It was three or four months ago that I stopped getting the nearly weekly calls and emails from somebody who wanted to open a new skate shop. As weeks dragged on without the sound of enthusiastic voices eager to make their mark in skateboard retailing I wondered if that wasn’t a sign of a market top.
- They’ve all been around a while
- The owner is actively involved in management and is in touch with the customers.
- They have some kind of budget and cash flow awareness. They watch inventory and expenses.
- They can tell you, in a general sense, who their customers are. There is customer loyalty.
- They are involved with the community and the sport.